GUIDELINE FOR DRESS
Clothing should be consistent with the seriousness and dignity of the judicial process. It should be constructed and worn in such a manner that it is not unduly revealing or offensive.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
- Shorts may be worn as long as they are modest, or reasonable length, and in good taste.
- Excessive tattoos and body piercings shall be covered.
CLOTHING THAT WILL NOT BE PERMITTED INCLUDES:
- Anything that is obviously dirty, torn, ripped, cut or mutilated.
- Anything associated with drugs or gangs.
- Anything containing words, pictures or symbols that are obscene, profane or sexually suggestive.
- Halter tops, tank tops, see-through tops, bare-midriff tops, tops with open backs or bare shoulders.
- Swim wear, bathing suits, lingerie, pajamas.
- Pants that allow undergarments or bare skin to show such as low cut hip-huggers and loose fitting pants that expose boxer shorts.
THIS DRESS CODE IS STRICTLY ENFORCED. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE COURT AND RETURN IN PROPER ATTIRE IF YOU FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THIS CODE.